The Davis Corner

The Davis Corner

November 10, 2011

Granma Kathy

You know how some people in your life have shaped you into who you are today?  Well this wonderful little lady is one of those people for me.  And when I say "little", I mean really little.  I was approximately one foot taller than my Granma Kathy, maybe an inch or so more.  People would look at us, and just laugh.  I'm extra glad I didn't get her height, but I would take her awesomeness any day.  

She is one of the most wonderful people I know.  We had so many fun times together.  I would spend weeks at a time at her house in Preston.  She spoiled me rotten.  Sometimes when I start to think about those times together, my heart aches so badly.  I miss her so much!  

I'm sure you have noticed that I spelled Grandma wrong.  Well let me tell you why.  When I was a little girl, I wrote a cute little card to my Grandma, but I spelled it just a little bit wrong.  After that, my cute little Granma wrote it that way for the rest of her life.  I loved reading her cards and seeing that at the end of them.  I would read it and then ask her "Grandma, you know why it's spelled like this right?"  And she would reply with "yes Erin, I do."  And then she would laugh her amazing infectious laugh!  I just love her!

Granma and KJ share a birthday.  When he was born, she said that he was the best birthday present she has ever gotten.  This is her with her birthday buddy.


 
I love you Granma!  I hope I can make you proud, and carry on your wonderful legacy of love and kindness.  I miss you! 

P.S.  Is there potato salad, shrimp dip, peaches, croquet, and Rummikub in heaven.  If not, you need to work on that!  :)
SHARE:

2 comments

Lacey said...

She sounds like an amazing woman- perhaps one of the reasons that awesomeness runs in your family! What a blessing to have her as part of your eternal family.

ringermelinda1@gmail.com said...

Love you Erin - thanks for that great post about Mom! I have been thinking about her a lot lately. I have to speak in our ward to the Young Women in their Young Women in Excellence program; and I'm goint to talk about Mom! She really was an inspiration; and I just hope I can make her proud too!
Love you,
Melinda

Blog Design Created by pipdig